BEIJING — A shoe factory collapsed in eastern China during a weekend shift, killing 14 people and injuring 33 others, local authorities said Monday.
Nine people escaped unscathed after the collapse Saturday afternoon in the Zhejiang province city of Wenling, the local government and state media said.
Rescuers pulled 42 people from the rubble and sent them to a hospital, where nine died, the Wenling city government said on its microblog. Three bodies were extracted from the wreckage on Sunday and two more on Monday.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hunting leaks, Trump officials subpoenaed Apple for data of 2 Democrats in Congress
- How many oceans does Earth have? National Geographic now says 5.
- A man dumped 80,000 pennies on the lawn for his last child-support payment; his daughter paid it forward
- Oregon House expels GOP lawmaker who let far-right rioters into state Capitol: 'He has shown no remorse'
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events