HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (AP) — A radio shock jock who hosted “Opie and Anthony” is facing charges over a fight with a woman at his New York home.
Nassau County police say Anthony Cumia was arrested Saturday after the 26-year-old woman contacted authorities.
He was arraigned Sunday on a charge of second-degree strangulation. A judge released him without setting bail but ordered him to stay away from the woman.
He’s due back in court in January.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- What you need to know about the CDC's new mask guidance
- A giant red hamster wheel washed up on a Florida beach. And a man was inside
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Trans model makes Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover history: 'If you don't like it, you can go somewhere else'
His attorney, Alan Schwartz, says Cumia “emphatically denies the allegations.”
The 54-year-old Cumia was fired by satellite radio company SiriusXM last year after he took to Twitter to complain in obscenities that a woman had punched him in the face. Sirius called his remarks “racially charged” and “hate-filled.”