AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Actor Shia LaBeouf has been arrested and charged with public intoxication after an incident in Austin, Texas.
The Austin Police Department said in a news release that LaBeouf was arrested at 7:33 p.m. Friday.
Jail records show he was booked into the Travis County Jail and released on his own recognizance. No attorney was listed on the record.
He was arrested in the city’s Sixth Street entertainment district, where the Austin City Limits music festival is taking place through Sunday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Soldier with 'Hitler mustache' is first to be thrown out of military after Capitol riot charges
- Sheriff says family on California hike died of extreme heat
- FBI: Remains found in Florida park ID'd as Brian Laundrie
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Cheney’s consultants are given an ultimatum: Drop her, or be dropped
Police have not responded to a request from The Associated Press for additional details. His publicist did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the arrest.
The 29-year-old previously made headlines with bizarre escapades — including yelling from the audience during a Broadway show and wearing a paper bag on his head to a movie premiere — and has been treated for an alcohol problem.