BEL AIR, Md. (AP) — A Maryland sheriff’s office recruit accused of sex offenses involving a minor has been fired.
News outlets report that 20-year-old Nicholas Paul Carini was arrested Wednesday in connection with an Aug. 20 incident. The Harford County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release that Carini was a correctional deputy recruit, part of an entry-level class set to graduate from the training academy on Jan. 17.
Following an investigation by the Harford County Child Advocacy Center, Carini was charged with sex abuse of a minor, second-degree assault and fourth-degree sex offense. No further information has been released.
The sheriff’s office says Carini was released on his own recognizance after an appearance before the District Court Commissioner.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- Justice Department releases secret surveillance documents of ex-Trump aide
It’s unclear if he has a lawyer.