INDIAN HEAD, Md. (AP) — Authorities in Maryland say a U.S. Park Police officer fatally shot his wife and then himself.
News outlets cite a statement from the Charles County Sheriff’s Office that says an argument between 46-year-old Jose Ramon Bumbray and 50-year-old Brenda Jenette Harrison-Bumbray culminated in shots fired Thursday night. The sheriff’s office says Bumbray used his service weapon in the shooting.
The couple’s adult son heard the gunfire and found his parents shot. Harrison-Bumbray was pronounced dead at the scene, while Bumbray was taken to a hospital, where he later died.
U.S. Park Police spokesman Sgt. James Dingledein confirmed Bumbray had been with the department since 2002.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Extra pilot saved doomed Lion Air jetliner on next-to-last flight
- DNA testing helps police confirm Ted Bundy killed missing Utah teen
- Kellyanne Conway dismisses her husband's concerns that President Trump's mental health is deteriorating
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- Tens of thousands converge on California 'poppy apocalypse' VIEW