INDIAN HEAD, Md. (AP) — Authorities in Maryland say a U.S. Park Police officer fatally shot his wife and then himself.
News outlets cite a statement from the Charles County Sheriff’s Office that says an argument between 46-year-old Jose Ramon Bumbray and 50-year-old Brenda Jenette Harrison-Bumbray culminated in shots fired Thursday night. The sheriff’s office says Bumbray used his service weapon in the shooting.
The couple’s adult son heard the gunfire and found his parents shot. Harrison-Bumbray was pronounced dead at the scene, while Bumbray was taken to a hospital, where he later died.
U.S. Park Police spokesman Sgt. James Dingledein confirmed Bumbray had been with the department since 2002.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Trump administration eyes defining transgender out of existence
- This major discovery upends long-held theories about the Maya civilization
- Saudi government acknowledges Khashoggi was killed while visiting Saudi consulate
- Mega Millions jackpot hits $1.6B, thanks to worsening odds