KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — A former University of Kansas running back who had been missing for a week has been found dead in a secluded area in central Missouri.
Maries County Sheriff Chris Heitman said Saturday that 24-year-old Brandon Kyle Bourbon’s body was found Friday afternoon on a riverfront property near Vienna, about 80 miles west of his hometown of Polosi.
He says Bourbon killed himself, but he didn’t provide additional details. Bourbon was reported missing April 2.
Bourbon played football for Kansas until 2014 and transferred to Washburn for the 2015 season.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jan. 6 witness Anthony Ornato is at the center of a battle over credibility
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- 'Stay tuned' for new evidence against Trump in July hearings
- The 20-somethings who help the 70-somethings run Washington
University of Kansas football coach David Beaty issued a statement sending his condolences to Bourbon’s family and calling him a constant source of inspiration within the football program.