YULEE, Fla. (AP) — Police say that a Florida woman who disappeared on Mother’s Day is now believed to have died even though no body has been recovered.
The Florida Times-Union reports that Nassau County Sheriff Bill Leeper says investigators have obtained new evidence that indicates 34-year-old Joleen Cummings is dead.
Cummings was reported missing after she failed to appear at a Mother’s Day birthday celebration with her three children.
Leeper says they have arrested Kimberly Lee Kessler, Cummings’ co-worker at a northeast Florida salon, on suspicion of stealing Cummings’ Ford Expedition. Kessler is also now a suspect in Cummings’ disappearance.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Donald Trump indicted; expected to surrender early next week WATCH
- Trump is indicted in N.Y. Here's what it means and what happens next.
- FBI documents give new view into Las Vegas shooter's mindset
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Marjorie Taylor Greene’s Twitter feed suspended over anti-trans tweets
Cummings was last seen May 12 leaving the salon in Fernandina Beach where she worked. She was supposed to meet her ex-husband the next day to pick up their children but never showed.
Information from: The (Jacksonville) Florida Times-Union, http://www.jacksonville.com