SHREVEPORT, La. — A Louisiana man is accused of filing false divorce papers, and having someone forge his wife’s signature on the documents.
Caddo Parish Sheriff Steve Prator says the wife found legal documents showing she’d been granted a divorce she had never requested.
A news release Thursday said 27-year-old Demario Clark of Shreveport was arrested on a charge of filing false public records, and his girlfriend, 50-year-old Lisa McKinney, was arrested on forgery charges. Her 26-year-old daughter, Stanneisha McKinney, was also arrested on the same charges and is accused of forging the wife’s signature on the documents.
Spokeswoman Cindy Chadwick says only Lisa McKinney has a lawyer so far.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Democrats demand investigation after report that Trump ordered Michael Cohen to lie to Congress
- As Democrats vow to investigate Trump, Mueller's office issues rare statement rebuking Cohen report
- Before Harts plunged off cliff, strain dogged Washington state family
- Commuter knits a ‘rail delay scarf.’ It fetches $8,650 on eBay.
- Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz is mulling an independent run for president in 2020
Public defender Mary Harried did not immediately answer an email requesting comment Friday.