SHREVEPORT, La. — A Louisiana man is accused of filing false divorce papers, and having someone forge his wife’s signature on the documents.
Caddo Parish Sheriff Steve Prator says the wife found legal documents showing she’d been granted a divorce she had never requested.
A news release Thursday said 27-year-old Demario Clark of Shreveport was arrested on a charge of filing false public records, and his girlfriend, 50-year-old Lisa McKinney, was arrested on forgery charges. Her 26-year-old daughter, Stanneisha McKinney, was also arrested on the same charges and is accused of forging the wife’s signature on the documents.
Spokeswoman Cindy Chadwick says only Lisa McKinney has a lawyer so far.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- Guard troops search for more wildfire victims; 56 dead WATCH
- Shot in the neck at 17, this is the trauma surgeon now leading doctors against gun violence and NRA
- Migrant caravan groups arrive by hundreds at US border VIEW
Public defender Mary Harried did not immediately answer an email requesting comment Friday.