SHREVEPORT, La. — A Louisiana man is accused of filing false divorce papers, and having someone forge his wife’s signature on the documents.
Caddo Parish Sheriff Steve Prator says the wife found legal documents showing she’d been granted a divorce she had never requested.
A news release Thursday said 27-year-old Demario Clark of Shreveport was arrested on a charge of filing false public records, and his girlfriend, 50-year-old Lisa McKinney, was arrested on forgery charges. Her 26-year-old daughter, Stanneisha McKinney, was also arrested on the same charges and is accused of forging the wife’s signature on the documents.
Spokeswoman Cindy Chadwick says only Lisa McKinney has a lawyer so far.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Claims of shoddy production draw scrutiny to a second Boeing jet
- Easter Sunday bomb blasts kill more than 200 in Sri Lanka VIEW
- Sanders goes on offensive defending credibility after report
- Democrats subpoena Mueller report amid calls for impeachment
- In yogurt world, the Greeks are down, Vikings are up
Public defender Mary Harried did not immediately answer an email requesting comment Friday.