CULLMAN, Ala. (AP) — Authorities in Alabama say a lawyer was fatally shot at his home by an assailant who was killed in turn by someone else in the residence.
Cullman County coroner Jeremy Kilpatrick said on Tuesday that 73-year-old Stephen K. Griffith was shot to death at home Monday afternoon.
The coroner identified the dead suspect as 45-year-old Patrick O. Walker.
The Cullman Times reports that Sheriff Matt Gentry would not identify the person who killed the suspect or say how Walker died, citing the ongoing investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade; states can ban abortion
- Supreme Court expands gun rights, with nation divided
- Government to cancel $6 billion in student loans for defrauded borrowers
- He stole a patrol vehicle, officials say — then responded to an emergency
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Kilpatrick says Griffith was an attorney with the Griffith, Lowry & Meherg law firm.
Information from: The Cullman Times, http://www.cullmantimes.com