WINNSBORO, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a man shot and killed his 51-year-old wife, then turned the gun on himself in their South Carolina home.
Fairfield County Sheriff Will Montgomery said 48-year-old Charles “Chuck” Gaddy was found dead at the couple’s Winnsboro home from a self-inflicted gunshot around 9:45 a.m. Thursday.
Montgomery says Gaddy’s wife, Jane, was shot several times and died a short time later at the hospital.
The sheriff said in a statement the killings were domestic violence, and he said the State Law Enforcement Division was helping his deputies figure out what led to the shootings.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jan. 6 witness Anthony Ornato is at the center of a battle over credibility
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- 'Stay tuned' for new evidence against Trump in July hearings
- The 20-somethings who help the 70-somethings run Washington