HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. (AP) — A South Carolina sheriff’s office says a 2-year-old boy was admitted to a hospital after he was apparently burned while being bathed by his mother’s boyfriend.
The Island Packet newspaper reports that the boy was admitted to the hospital on Wednesday.
A Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office report said the boy’s mother told deputies she left the child with her boyfriend and went to work. Later, her boyfriend called to say she needed to come home because the boy had been burned in the bathtub, according to the report.
A deputy wrote the child had a dark red burn up his back to his shoulders.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Baltimore and other cities, a stolen NSA tool wreaks havoc
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- ‘It was like a zoo:’ Death on an unruly, overcrowded Everest
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- Hawaii woman missing for 2 weeks rescued from Maui forest VIEW
The woman’s identity wasn’t clear, as much of the report was redacted.
The report didn’t say whether arrests have been made, but noted that a deputy was sent to the hospital to investigate a child abuse report.