JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Investigators in Florida have found the body of a missing 3-year-old boy in an underground water storage tank hours after the child disappeared from a family gathering.
Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office Assistant Chief Scott Dingee said in a news conference that investigators believe the body found on Sunday evening is Amari Harley. An autopsy is scheduled Monday.
Authorities say Harley was reported missing from a city park after his family had searched for him for an hour.
The sheriff’s office launched a wide search with more than 50 officers.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Trump executive nears plea deal with Manhattan prosecutors
Dingee says “all options are on the table” for the agency’s investigation, and it has not been determined if Harley accidentally fell into the water tank.
Dingee says there are covers for the tanks but was unsure if they were on properly.