NEW AUGUSTA, Miss. (AP) — Authorities say an Alabama boy took his father’s SUV, drove into Mississippi and ran out of gas.
WDAM-TV reported Thursday that Perry County Sheriff Mitch Nobles says the boy took the vehicle and drove into Mississippi, where he eventually ran out of gas at the Circle K convenience store in New Augusta.
According to Nobles, the Mobile County boy was taken to the sheriff’s department and later released to his father.
Nobles says the boy will not face charges in Mississippi.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95
Information from: WDAM-TV, http://www.wdam.com