JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (AP) — Four people have been arrested regarding the disappearance of a North Carolina man last seen in Tennessee.
The Johnson City Press reports 29-year-old Carlton Lamar Edmonson was reported missing Jan. 19 when his family received a call demanding a $700 ransom. A Johnson County Sheriff’s Office release says investigators believe several people kidnapped Edmonson, brought him to a remote area in the county and assaulted him. Edmonson has yet to be found.
A North Carolina couple, 31-year-old Robert Leroy Littleton III and 30-year-old Leigh Katherine Littleton, was charged last week. Thirty-nine-year-old Michael Stacey May was arrested Jan. 26 and 30-year-old James Combs was arrested Saturday. They each face charges related to assault and kidnapping. A fifth person is expected to be charged.
It’s unclear if anyone charged has a lawyer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Turkey: 'Atrocious' recording suggests killer used drugs VIEW
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- A reader's guide to 12 Trump administration targets House Democrats are preparing to investigate
- Utility emailed Northern California woman about power-line problems 1 day before fire
Information from: Johnson City Press, http://www.johnsoncitypress.com