MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (AP) — Authorities are searching for two inmates who escaped from a Tennessee jail after the sheriff’s office said they assaulted a deputy.
Rutherford County Sheriff Mike Fitzhugh said in a news release that the deputy was treated for minor injuries Wednesday and released from a hospital.
Rewards totaling up to $6,000 have been offered in the search for 43-year-old Dewayne Lee Halfacre of Lynchburg and 28-year-old Jonathan Cody Baxter of Murfreesboro. Halfacre was being held on a charge of aggravated assault and aggravated robbery, and Baxter was being held for failing to appear in court on a theft charge.
Halfacre has a large tattoo of wings on the side of his neck. Baxter has a tattoo of what appears to be an interstate sign reading “Tennessee 615.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Behind Jimmy Carter’s defeat, a clandestine trip and a four-decade secret
- Her mother disappeared. Then her babysitter. A lawman fears she might be next VIEW
- This dress survived for more than 3 centuries at the bottom of the sea
- Meet the raccoon dog, creature that could be behind COVID outbreak