PARADIS, La. (AP) — Authorities in Louisiana say a man has been taken into custody after a shooting that killed his 15-year-old son and seriously wounded the boy’s mother.
The man suffered non-life-threatening injuries in Sunday’s shooting, and the couple’s 9-year-old daughter, who ran to a neighbor’s for help, was not injured.
NOLA.com/The Times-Picayune cites a release from the St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office saying there’s no indication anyone outside the immediate family was involved.
Authorities have not released a motive or a suspect for the shooting.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- COVID-19 tests: Different types and when to use them
Information from: The Times-Picayune, http://www.nola.com