RAEFORD, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina authorities say a man was killed and two others hurt when robbers opened fire on a pickup truck after a party.
Hoke County Sheriff Hubert Peterkin tells The Fayetteville Observer the victims and two robbers had been at a house party in the southern part of the county. The shooting happened around 4:30 a.m. after the robbers followed them and approached them at a stop sign.
The sheriff said 26-year-old Richard Locklear of Hoke County was shot to death. Locklear’s 2-year-old son was with him but not hurt. Another man in the truck was wounded but expected to survive. A woman was hurt by shattered glass but not struck by a bullet.
Peterkin said investigators identified two suspects but hadn’t apprehended them as of Sunday afternoon.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Author Salman Rushdie stabbed on lecture stage in New York
- A child abductee's journey back
- FBI seized top secret documents in Trump estate search
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events