RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) — A Saudi civil defense official says shelling from Yemen has killed a Saudi citizen and two Indian workers.
Lt. Col. Ali al-Shahrani, spokesman for the civil defense forces in the southwestern city of Najran said the shelling took place Saturday evening.
A Saudi-led coalition has been targeting Shiite rebels in Yemen, known as Houthis, since March 26. Cross-border shelling has killed Saudi border guards and soldiers amid the campaign.
International aid groups say Yemen’s war has killed up to 2,000 people and wounded 8,000. The U.N. estimates at least 1,037 civilians have been killed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Marjorie Taylor Greene blasted for attacking colleague's transgender child
- Band practice in bright-green COVID-19 bubbles: How the return to high school looks in Central Washington
- Pfizer, Moderna or maybe J&J? Right now, the best vaccine for you is the one you can get.
- Ted Cruz blasts critics, says his wife is upset over text leak in Cancun getaway
- After 10 months at sea, giant Navy carrier USS Nimitz returns to a changed nation