LAKE WORTH BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A shark bit a surfer off a Florida beach.
News outlets report that the man was surfing Sunday afternoon off Lake Worth Beach when he was bit on his upper arm.
Palm Beach County Fire Rescue says lifeguards were tending to the man when paramedics arrived to take him to the hospital.
The severity of the man’s injuries and the type of shark that bit him weren’t immediately reported.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- As risk of nuclear war grows, study warns even a limited exchange would doom billions