HANOVER, N.H. (AP) — New Hampshire Sen. Jeanne Shaheen has canceled a planned speech about Russia at Dartmouth College due to late votes on a budget agreement in Congress.
Shaheen was scheduled to give an address Friday entitled “Russian Interference in American Politics and Cyber Threats to Our Democracy.”
Shaheen, a Democrat, has led efforts in Congress to hold Russia accountable for its interference in the 2016 elections.
In December, the Russian Embassy refused entry to Shaheen because she’s on a “black list” created in response to U.S. sanctions.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- Sally Hemings gets her due at Monticello
- Gunfire erupts at New Jersey arts festival; 22 wounded VIEW
- Staff cuts at federal prisons have teachers, nurses guarding inmates
- 'Unfair and unconstitutional': Outrage over detained migrant children intensifies