CRANSTON, R.I. (AP) — Rhode Island authorities say a man walked into a funeral home, took a police officer’s sunglasses, put them on and walked out.
Police say the theft happened at the Nardolillo Funeral Home in Cranston around 10:45 a.m. Friday.
The officer was part of a motorcycle escort for a funeral procession, and Cranston police Maj. Todd Patalano says officers typically remove their sunglasses inside the parlor and place them on a table before paying their respects.
Surveillance video captured a man going to the table and picking up the officer’s $250 pair of sunglasses before leaving.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sniffles? Cancer? Under Medicare plan, payments for office visits would be same for both
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- After a week of walkbacks, Trump returns to Russia doubting
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
Patalano tells the Providence Journal police identified the suspect Wednesday, and they are currently searching for him. The man is facing a misdemeanor larceny charge.