YUMA, Ariz. (AP) — U.S. Border Patrol officials say a convicted sex offender who was previously deported is among a group of several migrants arrested.
Agents at the Wellton Station apprehended 11 men Wednesday who are accused of entering the U.S. illegally near Tacna.
The agents were on patrol when they came across the group.
One man was identified during a background check as 26-year-old Jose Luis Zuniga-Doblado, a Honduran national.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- As probe closes in, Trump distances himself from Cohen
- Some link depression, failed LASIK
- 'Nobody should work here — ever': Teen uses intercom to quit Walmart
- Delta says no more support kittens, puppies on flights
- George Conway calls Trump a liar after Kellyanne Conway defends president on TV
Authorities say Zuniga-Doblado was deported three times and had convictions for sexual assault and aggravated assault.
He will stay in federal custody for immigration violations.