YUMA, Ariz. (AP) — U.S. Border Patrol officials say a convicted sex offender who was previously deported is among a group of several migrants arrested.
Agents at the Wellton Station apprehended 11 men Wednesday who are accused of entering the U.S. illegally near Tacna.
The agents were on patrol when they came across the group.
One man was identified during a background check as 26-year-old Jose Luis Zuniga-Doblado, a Honduran national.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A cure for Type 1 diabetes? For one man, it seems to have worked
- International travelers stranded, angry in omicron's wake: 'The first thing I did was cry'
- The best time to get a COVID booster shot: What the science tells us
- Firefighters launch tense rescue after pet tortoise traps pet dog in underground burrow
- Celebrated snowboarder Marko Grilc, 38, dies in accident at resort
Authorities say Zuniga-Doblado was deported three times and had convictions for sexual assault and aggravated assault.
He will stay in federal custody for immigration violations.