YUMA, Ariz. (AP) — U.S. Border Patrol officials say a convicted sex offender who was previously deported is among a group of several migrants arrested.
Agents at the Wellton Station apprehended 11 men Wednesday who are accused of entering the U.S. illegally near Tacna.
The agents were on patrol when they came across the group.
One man was identified during a background check as 26-year-old Jose Luis Zuniga-Doblado, a Honduran national.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Coronavirus vaccine will not change world right away
- Bay Area flattened the curve early; now, virus is surging VIEW
- Vehicle malfunction sparked Southern California wildfire VIEW
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- ‘The biggest monster’ is spreading. And it’s not COVID-19.
Authorities say Zuniga-Doblado was deported three times and had convictions for sexual assault and aggravated assault.
He will stay in federal custody for immigration violations.