YUMA, Ariz. (AP) — U.S. Border Patrol officials say a convicted sex offender who was previously deported is among a group of several migrants arrested.
Agents at the Wellton Station apprehended 11 men Wednesday who are accused of entering the U.S. illegally near Tacna.
The agents were on patrol when they came across the group.
One man was identified during a background check as 26-year-old Jose Luis Zuniga-Doblado, a Honduran national.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hearing sets up dramatic showdown between Kavanaugh, accuser WATCH
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Noah's Ark except it's a school bus: Truck driver rescues 64 dogs and cats from floods of Hurricane Florence
- Soon-Yi Previn defends husband Woody Allen, attacks mother
Authorities say Zuniga-Doblado was deported three times and had convictions for sexual assault and aggravated assault.
He will stay in federal custody for immigration violations.