BERLIN (AP) — Police say four people were killed after a truck struck two cars on a German highway, pushing the smaller vehicles under another tractor-trailer.
Mannheim police say the incident happened Monday afternoon on the A5 Autobahn near the town of Walldorf in southwest Germany.
Police say a woman was extracted from the wreckage and flown by helicopter to a hospital for treatment of serious injuries. The two truck drivers were unharmed.
A seven-car pileup in the opposite lane injured three people. Police described it as a “rubbernecking accident.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Amazon dumps NYC headquarters and its promised 25,000 jobs
- Too big to sell: Airbus bids pained adieu to superjumbo A380 VIEW
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- Congress OKs border deal; Trump will sign, declare emergency WATCH
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH