BERLIN (AP) — Police say four people were killed after a truck struck two cars on a German highway, pushing the smaller vehicles under another tractor-trailer.
Mannheim police say the incident happened Monday afternoon on the A5 Autobahn near the town of Walldorf in southwest Germany.
Police say a woman was extracted from the wreckage and flown by helicopter to a hospital for treatment of serious injuries. The two truck drivers were unharmed.
A seven-car pileup in the opposite lane injured three people. Police described it as a “rubbernecking accident.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
- Sheriff: 11 people dead after Missouri tourist boat accident
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover