BERLIN (AP) — Police say four people were killed after a truck struck two cars on a German highway, pushing the smaller vehicles under another tractor-trailer.
Mannheim police say the incident happened Monday afternoon on the A5 Autobahn near the town of Walldorf in southwest Germany.
Police say a woman was extracted from the wreckage and flown by helicopter to a hospital for treatment of serious injuries. The two truck drivers were unharmed.
A seven-car pileup in the opposite lane injured three people. Police described it as a “rubbernecking accident.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'