PARK HILLS, Mo. (AP) — The eastern Missouri town of Park Hills is cleaning up after a flash flood damaged more than three dozen homes.
Heavy rain fell Monday afternoon during a thunderstorm. No one was hurt but Park Hills City Administrator Mike McFarland says 41 homes were damaged, along with 14 businesses.
Several streets also were damaged by the rushing water, and a 100-foot section of a rail line was washed away.
Park Hills received about 3 inches of rain in a short period of time.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- As nations decide to live with the virus, some disease experts warn of surrendering too soon
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
Park Hills is 65 miles southwest of St. Louis.