PARK HILLS, Mo. (AP) — The eastern Missouri town of Park Hills is cleaning up after a flash flood damaged more than three dozen homes.
Heavy rain fell Monday afternoon during a thunderstorm. No one was hurt but Park Hills City Administrator Mike McFarland says 41 homes were damaged, along with 14 businesses.
Several streets also were damaged by the rushing water, and a 100-foot section of a rail line was washed away.
Park Hills received about 3 inches of rain in a short period of time.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- What we know about the Covenant school shooting in Nashville WATCH
- Japanese student goes to graduation dressed like Zelenskyy
- Police: Nashville shooter fired indiscriminately at victims WATCH
- Survivor of Highland Park gunfire crashes Nashville shooting news conference
- Probiotic supplements may do the opposite of boosting your gut health
Park Hills is 65 miles southwest of St. Louis.