RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say two men have been arrested on suspicion of stealing $500,000 worth of cosmetics in a series of burglaries in Las Vegas and across Southern California.
The Press-Enterprise newspaper reports 28-year-old Niko Hayes and 27-year-old Burrell Doumont Roberts were taken into custody Saturday in Riverside, California. Sheriff’s investigators say the two are linked to at least 20 commercial burglaries in 19 cities.
The men are charged with 20 counts each of second-degree burglary, felony vandalism, and conspiracy to commit a felony. They each face a single count of committing multiple felonies that resulted in loss of more than $100,000. It wasn’t immediately known if the men have attorneys who could comment on the charges.
Hayes’ bail was set at $300,000. Roberts was ineligible for bail due to a felony probation violation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
Information from: The Press-Enterprise, http://www.pe.com