MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) — A former classroom volunteer charged with sexually abusing a kindergarten student in southern Oregon has been now been accused of having a second victim.
Sgt. Julie Denney of the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office says the second child is from the same kindergarten class at Lower Table Rock Elementary School in White City.
The volunteer, 72-year-old Jerry Lodge, has pleaded not guilty.
He was in the classroom through a program that places seniors in classrooms throughout the Rogue Valley. Participants must pass a criminal background check.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jan. 6 panel calls surprise hearing to present new evidence
- Ocasio-Cortez wants 2 justices impeached for ‘lying under oath’
- Aide: Trump dismissed Jan. 6 threats, wanted to join crowd
- Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced to 20 years for helping Epstein
- Justices side with doctors convicted in pain pill schemes
Lodge has been in the county jail since his Dec. 8 arrest.