LUCEDALE, Miss. (AP) — Funeral services are Tuesday for the owner and editor of a weekly newspaper in Mississippi.
Oscar Garnett “Buddy” Sellers of the George County Times died Friday. He was 81.
An obituary from Sigler Funeral Home says services are Tuesday at First United Methodist Church in Lucedale.
Sellers was a graduate of Mississippi College and a veteran of the Army’s 82nd Airborne Division.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Author Salman Rushdie stabbed on lecture stage in New York
- A child abductee's journey back
- FBI seized top secret documents in Trump estate search
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
His grandfather started the weekly newspaper in Lucedale in 1904. Like many community papers, the George County Times has covered local government, high schools sports and activities such as festivals and farmers’ markets.
In 2016 , Sellers told a fellow weekly newspaper publisher that Lucedale is “a good newspaper town.”