LONGTOWN, Okla. (AP) — Authorities say a woman’s body has been found in a wooded area in eastern Oklahoma.
Pittsburg County Sheriff Chris Morris says the body was found Tuesday by a team of seismographers who were drilling near Longtown.
A suspected cause of death has not been released and the body has not been identified, but Morris says it does have identifying marks.
The sheriff says the body appears to have been there for seven to 10 days.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Baltimore and other cities, a stolen NSA tool wreaks havoc
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- ‘It was like a zoo:’ Death on an unruly, overcrowded Everest
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- Hawaii woman missing for 2 weeks rescued from Maui forest VIEW
The body has been sent to the state medical examiner.