LONGTOWN, Okla. (AP) — Authorities say a woman’s body has been found in a wooded area in eastern Oklahoma.
Pittsburg County Sheriff Chris Morris says the body was found Tuesday by a team of seismographers who were drilling near Longtown.
A suspected cause of death has not been released and the body has not been identified, but Morris says it does have identifying marks.
The sheriff says the body appears to have been there for seven to 10 days.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
The body has been sent to the state medical examiner.