LONGTOWN, Okla. (AP) — Authorities say a woman’s body has been found in a wooded area in eastern Oklahoma.
Pittsburg County Sheriff Chris Morris says the body was found Tuesday by a team of seismographers who were drilling near Longtown.
A suspected cause of death has not been released and the body has not been identified, but Morris says it does have identifying marks.
The sheriff says the body appears to have been there for seven to 10 days.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dog that waited weeks in ruins of California wildfire is reunited with owner WATCH
- Justices won't hear states' appeal over Planned Parenthood
- Yukon trapper shoots attacking grizzly — then finds his family already mauled to death
- Need a transplant? You’ll need to prove you can pay costs
- Trump blames lawyer Michael Cohen for hush money 'liability'
The body has been sent to the state medical examiner.