LONGTOWN, Okla. (AP) — Authorities say a woman’s body has been found in a wooded area in eastern Oklahoma.
Pittsburg County Sheriff Chris Morris says the body was found Tuesday by a team of seismographers who were drilling near Longtown.
A suspected cause of death has not been released and the body has not been identified, but Morris says it does have identifying marks.
The sheriff says the body appears to have been there for seven to 10 days.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
- Saudi government acknowledges Khashoggi was killed while visiting Saudi consulate
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- This major discovery upends long-held theories about the Maya civilization
- To defend Trump, conservatives smear journalist presumed dead
The body has been sent to the state medical examiner.