KITTERY, Maine (AP) — The Portsmouth Naval Shipyard is alerting local residents about security exercise.
Officials said the training exercise on Tuesday is aimed at enhancing security readiness and emergency response.
They said area residents may see and hear things associated with the exercise.
Officials said the training is regularly scheduled training and is not in response to any specific threat against the shipyard.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- A 12-year-old wrote his governor to oppose a gun law. A stray bullet killed him on Christmas
The Portsmouth Naval Shipyard in Kittery, Maine, overhauls and repairs nuclear-powered submarines for the U.S. Navy.