TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — A second suspect has been arrested in a shooting at a Topeka hotel that left a 31-year-old man dead.
Police say 19-year-old Vincent Gonzalez-Rook was taken into custody Monday morning after a pursuit in a vehicle that had been reported stolen. No charges are listed for him in online court records, and it wasn’t immediately known if he had an attorney.
Nineteen-year-old Logan Bartley was booked into jail earlier this month. He is charged with first-degree murder and aggravated robbery in the death of Jesse Lee McFall. He was suffering from multiple gunshot wounds when officers responded Jan. 11 to the Best Western motel in southwest Topeka. McFall was taken to a local hospital, where he died.
Police say McFall and Bartley knew each other.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- Rosenstein still has his job _ at least till Trump showdown
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser