LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Arkansas prison officials say an inmate who was found dead in his cell is the second apparent suicide at an eastern Arkansas prison during the past week.
Little Rock television station KATV reports that 38-year-old inmate Gavin Lovrien was found hanging in a locked, single-man cell at the East Arkansas Regional Unit in Brickeys on Friday.
Correctional officers and medical staff took him to the infirmary for treatment but he was pronounced dead about 12 minutes later. Arkansas State Police is investigating the inmate’s death.
Officials say a different inmate, 37-year-old Robert Ivy, was found hanging in his single-man cell where he was alone on Wednesday night at the same prison. Ivy’s death is also under investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Sen. Warren: DNA test shows I have Native American heritage
- Prince Harry, Meghan expecting child in spring
- Alec Baldwin urges 'overthrow' of Trump government via voting
- 'I shot a whole family of baboons': Idaho Fish and Game official faces fury after Africa trophy hunting boasts
Information from: KATV-TV, http://www.katv.com/