ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — SeaWorld Orlando has gotten rid of virtual reality headsets that were installed on its Kraken Unleashed roller coaster a little more than a year ago.
News outlets report that park officials have confirmed that the headsets, which disappeared last month, are gone for good.
SeaWorld debuted the VR headsets last June as a way to freshen up the ride, which originally opened in 2000. The VR story followed the rollercoaster’s movements as a virtual submarine evaded deep-sea creatures.
Park officials say cleaning and adjusting the goggles was slowing down the lines too much.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 40% of people with coronavirus have no symptoms; might they be the key to ending the pandemic?
- Portland protesters set fire to police union headquarters as tensions rise again VIEW
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Nine people test positive for coronavirus at Georgia school where photos of packed hallways went viral
- US tops 5 million confirmed virus cases, to Europe's alarm VIEW