BRIGHAM CITY, Utah (AP) — A search is underway in Box Elder County in northwestern Utah for a missing light plane carrying two men.
The county Sheriff’s Office says the search for the missing red and white Cessna 172 began Friday night after 71-year-old Denny Mansell and 74-year-old Peter Ellis were reporting missing.
The Sheriff’s Office identified Mansell as the pilot and says he and Ellis were on a Friday afternoon flight from the Ogden-Hinckley Airport to the Promontory area to view trains at the Golden Spike Historical Site.
The search includes personnel on the ground and in aircraft.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jan. 6 witness Anthony Ornato is at the center of a battle over credibility
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- 'Stay tuned' for new evidence against Trump in July hearings
- The 20-somethings who help the 70-somethings run Washington
Participating agencies include the Sheriff’s Office, the county search and rescue, the Utah Department of Public Safety and the Civil Air Patrol.