ST. GEORGE, Maine (AP) — Maine authorities are searching for a clammer who disappeared off the coast of St. George during the blizzard.
The man was reported missing around 11 p.m. Thursday.
The U.S. Coast Guard says the family of 35-year-old Paul Brenner said he had departed from the Long Cove Boat Ramp at 5 p.m. Thursday to clam on Clark Island.
The Coast Guard says Brenner was reported to be in a 16-foot skiff that matches the description of an unmanned skiff found near Long Cove on Thursday night.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Turkey: 'Atrocious' recording suggests killer used drugs VIEW
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- A reader's guide to 12 Trump administration targets House Democrats are preparing to investigate
- Utility emailed Northern California woman about power-line problems 1 day before fire
The Maine Marine Patrol and local authorities also are searching the area by water, foot, and air. St. George is a coastal area located about 46 miles (74 kilometers) southeast of Augusta.
Seas are about 3 feet, and the water temperature is about 37 degrees