ST. GEORGE, Maine (AP) — Maine authorities are searching for a clammer who disappeared off the coast of St. George during the blizzard.
The man was reported missing around 11 p.m. Thursday.
The U.S. Coast Guard says the family of 35-year-old Paul Brenner said he had departed from the Long Cove Boat Ramp at 5 p.m. Thursday to clam on Clark Island.
The Coast Guard says Brenner was reported to be in a 16-foot skiff that matches the description of an unmanned skiff found near Long Cove on Thursday night.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Pussy Riot upstages Putin with protest that halts World Cup VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
The Maine Marine Patrol and local authorities also are searching the area by water, foot, and air. St. George is a coastal area located about 46 miles (74 kilometers) southeast of Augusta.
Seas are about 3 feet, and the water temperature is about 37 degrees