HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP) — A search is underway for a Mississippi Department of Corrections inmate who never returned from a weekend pass.
WDAM-TV reports authorities are looking for 42-year-old James Robert Keel, who is serving 20 years for conspiracy to commit a crime and 10 years of probation for selling methamphetamine in Yalobusha County.
According to a tweet from the Mississippi Department of Corrections, Keel was being housed at the Forrest County Community Work Center in Hattiesburg. Officials said he was supposed to return Monday after a weekend pass, but never showed up.
Keel is described as 5’11 inches and weighs 180 pounds. He has brown hair and blue eyes.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- High-tech degrees and the price of an avocado: The data New York gave to Amazon
- Hungry bear goes for ride after getting stuck on trash truck
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
If you see Keel or have any information on his whereabouts, please call MDOC at 662-745-6611.
Information from: WDAM-TV, http://www.wdam.com