HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP) — A search is underway for a Mississippi Department of Corrections inmate who never returned from a weekend pass.
WDAM-TV reports authorities are looking for 42-year-old James Robert Keel, who is serving 20 years for conspiracy to commit a crime and 10 years of probation for selling methamphetamine in Yalobusha County.
According to a tweet from the Mississippi Department of Corrections, Keel was being housed at the Forrest County Community Work Center in Hattiesburg. Officials said he was supposed to return Monday after a weekend pass, but never showed up.
Keel is described as 5’11 inches and weighs 180 pounds. He has brown hair and blue eyes.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Mueller said ready to deliver key findings in his Trump probe
- America's most famous pimp, poised for elected office, dies
- Audio offers gruesome details of Khashoggi killing, Turkish official says
- Collins' husband: Ricin threat mentioned Kavanaugh vote
If you see Keel or have any information on his whereabouts, please call MDOC at 662-745-6611.
Information from: WDAM-TV, http://www.wdam.com