TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities have released photos and video of a woman who may have left a newborn infant at Tucson International Airport last month.
Tucson Airport Authority officials say investigators still are trying to identify the woman, who may be the baby boy’s mother.
An airport employee found the child Jan. 14 abandoned in a restroom near the rental car counters.
Authorities say the infant was lying on a changing table and had been cleaned and wrapped up after being born.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
- Sheriff: 11 people dead after Missouri tourist boat accident
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
They say the baby is healthy and remains in the care of the Arizona Department of Child Safety.
TAA officials say the woman possibly gave birth in a Concourse B restroom, then took the baby to a family bathroom in the baggage claim area to clean up before abandoning the child.