NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — The US Coast Guard has suspended its search for a missing teen fisherman in Connecticut.
USCG officials say Monday they have suspended the search for 18-year-old William Zadrozny, last seen at the mouth of the Connecticut River.
Responders received a call at 5 p.m. Monday reporting an overturned kayak with a lifejacket and fishing gear on board.
Old Saybrook police have also been part of the search, along with local fire agencies.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
- Much of nation isn't active enough — but WA residents are exception, CDC says
- US charges Belarus with air piracy in reporter's arrest
Over 381-square-miles were searched to locate the missing kayaker.
Zadrozny was wearing work boots, a grey and yellow jacket and jeans. His car was found in the parking lot of North Cove in Old Saybrook.