NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — The US Coast Guard has suspended its search for a missing teen fisherman in Connecticut.
USCG officials say Monday they have suspended the search for 18-year-old William Zadrozny, last seen at the mouth of the Connecticut River.
Responders received a call at 5 p.m. Monday reporting an overturned kayak with a lifejacket and fishing gear on board.
Old Saybrook police have also been part of the search, along with local fire agencies.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Japanese student goes to graduation dressed like Zelenskyy
- What we know about the Covenant school shooting in Nashville WATCH
- Probiotic supplements may do the opposite of boosting your gut health
- Police: Nashville shooter fired indiscriminately at victims WATCH
- Hawaii authorities say 33 swimmers were harassing dolphins WATCH
Over 381-square-miles were searched to locate the missing kayaker.
Zadrozny was wearing work boots, a grey and yellow jacket and jeans. His car was found in the parking lot of North Cove in Old Saybrook.