SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) — Florida authorities are searching for the 9-week-old boy of a couple arrested in South Carolina.
The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office is asking the public for information about Chance Walsh and his parents, Kristen Bury and Joseph Walsh. The parents have been arrested in South Carolina on child neglect charges.
Chance’s maternal grandmother contacted the sheriff’s office Sunday, saying she hadn’t seen the infant since Sept. 9. Officials say she and the boy’s paternal grandmother had made several unsuccessful attempts to check on the boy’s welfare.
Family members contacted authorities after Bury and Walsh told them they had been in a vehicle crash in South Carolina, and told several different stories about the infant, including that they had given him to a woman in Georgia.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Wild horses adopted under a federal program are going to slaughter
- A famed folk singer won a presidential pardon after molesting a child. Did he prey on others?
- ‘So I raped you.’ Facebook message renews fight for justice
- The Gateses’ public split spotlights a secretive fortune, with a hush-hush Kirkland entity at the center
- Why is COVID-19 killing so many young children in Brazil? Doctors are baffled