SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) — Florida authorities are searching for the 9-week-old boy of a couple arrested in South Carolina.
The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office is asking the public for information about Chance Walsh and his parents, Kristen Bury and Joseph Walsh. The parents have been arrested in South Carolina on child neglect charges.
Chance’s maternal grandmother contacted the sheriff’s office Sunday, saying she hadn’t seen the infant since Sept. 9. Officials say she and the boy’s paternal grandmother had made several unsuccessful attempts to check on the boy’s welfare.
Family members contacted authorities after Bury and Walsh told them they had been in a vehicle crash in South Carolina, and told several different stories about the infant, including that they had given him to a woman in Georgia.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'We are coming for you,' a Port Angeles doctor is told as public health workers find themselves in crisis
- A heart-stopping moment: How a mild case of COVID changed this man's life
- Oregon approved state employee religious exemptions at nearly twice the rate Washington did
- Ted Cruz called an Australian vaccine mandate 'tyranny.' Then came the stinging response
- Moderna vs. Pfizer: Both knockouts, but one seems to have the edge