PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Police say a 32-year-old man is in extremely critical condition following a shooting outside a Philadelphia high school that prompted a lockdown.
Officers were sent to Abraham Lincoln High School in the Mayfair neighborhood of northeast Philadelphia shortly before 4 p.m. Wednesday after a large fight and gunshots were reported.
Officers say they found no one injured at the scene but did find shell casings in the parking lot. A lockdown was ordered since a basketball game was going on inside.
Police later learned that a 32-year-old man was shot twice in the right leg. He was taken to Nazareth Hospital by private vehicle and placed in extremely critical condition. No weapon was found and no arrests were immediately announced.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19