SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP) — A former southwest Missouri school employee won’t serve more time for sexually abusing two boys on a school bus as it was headed to a Springfield zoo.
The Springfield News-Leader reports that 28-year-old Garrett Stark was sentenced Friday in Greene County to 15 years. But that sentence will be served at the same as another 15-year-old sentence for child sexual abuse that was imposed previously in Webster County.
Authorities say Stark worked in a Logan-Rogersville School District program that provided child care and also as a substitute teacher until July 2016, when a bus camera showed him molesting a 6-year-old and a 7-year-old.
The father of one of the boys cried while talking about what happened. He says he and his son have spent “many nights crying together.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
Information from: Springfield News-Leader, http://www.news-leader.com