GRESHAM, Ore. (AP) — Officials say a high school employee in Gresham has quit her job amid allegations that she had inappropriate contact online with a male student.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports the woman had worked at Centennial High School’s front office for at least two years.
Gresham officer Ben Costigan says the teen was 17 when the alleged misconduct occurred and is now 18.
Authorities haven’t provided additional details on the alleged behavior, other than to say there are no initial indications that the woman and student had physical contact.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- High-tech degrees and the price of an avocado: The data New York gave to Amazon
- Hungry bear goes for ride after getting stuck on trash truck
- Woman finds tiger in house, tells dispatch: 'I'm not lying' WATCH
District spokeswoman Carol Fenstermacher says another student told an adult at the high school last Friday of the allegations and the woman was placed on leave that day.
She hasn’t been arrested or charged.
Information from: The Oregonian/OregonLive, http://www.oregonlive.com