FITCHBURG, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts elementary school will be closed this week after a pipe burst over the holiday break and damaged ceiling tiles that contained asbestos.
Fitchburg Superintendent Andre Ravenelle says the closure of Crocker Elementary School will allow the district to plan for a temporary relocation of students and staff.
A statement from Ravenelle says the district is working with the appropriate agencies and experts on cleaning, remediation and testing.
Students were supposed to return to class Tuesday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- Justice Department releases secret surveillance documents of ex-Trump aide