FITCHBURG, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts elementary school will be closed this week after a pipe burst over the holiday break and damaged ceiling tiles that contained asbestos.
Fitchburg Superintendent Andre Ravenelle says the closure of Crocker Elementary School will allow the district to plan for a temporary relocation of students and staff.
A statement from Ravenelle says the district is working with the appropriate agencies and experts on cleaning, remediation and testing.
Students were supposed to return to class Tuesday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- As Senate hearing set for Kavanaugh, new accuser emerges VIEW
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’