HOOVER, Ala. (AP) — Alabama state troopers say a Hoover school bus driver has been charged with driving under the influence following a crash.
Cpl. Steve Smith says the crash, involving a Hoover City Schools bus, occurred Wednesday afternoon.
There were no children on the bus at the time of the accident. The bus was the only vehicle involved.
Smith says the bus driver, whose name has not been released, was determined to be under the influence of alcohol at the time of the crash.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor
- New round of US-China tariffs raise fears of an economic Cold War
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Kavanaugh's accuser wants FBI probe before she testifies WATCH
He says the driver has been charged with DUI and taken to the Jefferson County Jail.