PARIS (AP) — A crash between a school bus and a car in southwestern France has left 28 children injured, including seven who were seriously hurt, French authorities said Thursday.
The car driver was also slightly injured in the crash, which occurred in a rural area near the village of Manciet, according to the latest toll released by the local authority in the Gers department.
The bus was transporting 45 middle school students and five adults, including the driver. It’s not clear how many people were in the car.
A psychological assistance unit for the children and their families has been set up in a middle school in the town of Eauze.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hearing sets up dramatic showdown between Kavanaugh, accuser WATCH
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Noah's Ark except it's a school bus: Truck driver rescues 64 dogs and cats from floods of Hurricane Florence
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Soon-Yi Previn defends husband Woody Allen, attacks mother
Last month, a collision between a school bus and a regional train in southern France killed six children.
France recently decided to lower the speed limit on rural roads, starting from July, after the number of road fatalities rose recently.