FARGO, N.D. (AP) — The president of the Fargo School Board has been removed following reports of bullying and threatening comments to a board member and condescending remarks to parents.
Board member Jennifer Benson tearfully told colleagues Tuesday night about Jim Johnson cornering her after a recent meeting and swearing at her. Benson says Johnson also disrespected parents who spoke up about concerns over possible school boundary changes during the same Feb. 13 meeting. Benson asked the board to follow its code of conduct policy and remove Johnson as president.?
KFGO reports Johnson denied he spoke in a condescending way to anybody and says he’d say the same things again. He’ll stay on as a board member.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- A single word sparks a crossfire between the Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Last straw: Fed-up Arizona Democrats censure Sen. Sinema
Information from: KFGO-AM, http://www.kfgo.com