FARGO, N.D. (AP) — The president of the Fargo School Board has been removed following reports of bullying and threatening comments to a board member and condescending remarks to parents.
Board member Jennifer Benson tearfully told colleagues Tuesday night about Jim Johnson cornering her after a recent meeting and swearing at her. Benson says Johnson also disrespected parents who spoke up about concerns over possible school boundary changes during the same Feb. 13 meeting. Benson asked the board to follow its code of conduct policy and remove Johnson as president.?
KFGO reports Johnson denied he spoke in a condescending way to anybody and says he’d say the same things again. He’ll stay on as a board member.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Do rapid COVID tests still work?
- When she named her breakfast cafe Woke, a conservative backlash followed
- A bear in Colorado took 400 selfies. Fashion pros say they're a star
- George Santos scandal consumes Congress, chafes lawmakers on both sides of aisle
- Priscilla Presley files petition questioning validity of Lisa Marie Presley’s will
Information from: KFGO-AM, http://www.kfgo.com