WESTWOOD, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts school district says a 6-year-old boy who was hit by a car this past weekend has died.
Westwood Public Schools says Edward “Eddie” Thomson died Tuesday of injuries sustained in the Sunday afternoon crash that also wounded the boy’s father.
Westwood police say the crash happened around 3 p.m. at a crosswalk. The crash appears to be accidental. It remains under investigation.
Thomson was a first-grader at the Sheehan School. Superintendent Emily Parks says he was a “loving friend and classmate” and the school community will miss him.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Florida man filming sunrise killed when sand dune collapses
Parks says counselors will be made available to students.