PORT WASHINGTON, Wis. (AP) — Former “Saved by the Bell” actor Dustin Diamond has been booked into jail to start his four-month sentence for an altercation at a Wisconsin bar.
The Ozaukee County Jail website shows Diamond was booked Friday.
Diamond played Screech on the 1990s TV show. He was convicted in June of carrying a concealed weapon and disorderly conduct, both misdemeanors. He was cleared of a felony. He was to start jail during the summer, but a judge put the sentence on hold while Diamond appealed. Diamond withdrew his appeal last month.
Diamond testified he was trying to protect his girlfriend when he pulled out a pocketknife to ward people off and accidentally stabbed a man at the Port Washington bar on Christmas in 2014.
Most Read Stories
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
- Expect record-high temps, 'copious rain' in Seattle area as we head toward Thanksgiving VIEW
- Fake field goal? An errant challenge? Blame Pete Carroll for Seahawks' loss to Atlanta
- Bicyclist dies in hit-and-run crash in Sodo, police say
Port Washington is 25 miles north of Milwaukee.