RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) — Saudi Arabia’s National Guard says an American trainer has been killed and a Saudi trainee injured in a helicopter crash in Riyadh.
The state-run Saudi Press Agency cited a military statement on Thursday saying the crash of a Boeing AH6i attack helicopter happened at Khashm Al-An Airport in the Saudi capital.
It identified the American as Paul Reidy. It said the trainee was transferred to a local hospital and was in stable condition.
The National Guard said an investigation into the crash had begun.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Can 'Jeopardy!' whiz James Holzhauer be beat? The science of memory and recall, explained
- Trump plans to release thousands of migrants in two Democratic strongholds, Florida officials say
- Ammo from crashed F-16 safely destroyed
- Trump's sanctions on Iran are hitting Hezbollah hard
The Boeing AH6i is a light attack and reconnaissance helicopter built by Chicago-based Boeing. It is a variant of a model used by U.S. Army Special Operations Command.