RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) — Saudi Arabia’s National Guard says an American trainer has been killed and a Saudi trainee injured in a helicopter crash in Riyadh.
The state-run Saudi Press Agency cited a military statement on Thursday saying the crash of a Boeing AH6i attack helicopter happened at Khashm Al-An Airport in the Saudi capital.
It identified the American as Paul Reidy. It said the trainee was transferred to a local hospital and was in stable condition.
The National Guard said an investigation into the crash had begun.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Amazon dumps NYC headquarters and its promised 25,000 jobs
- Too big to sell: Airbus bids pained adieu to superjumbo A380 VIEW
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- Congress OKs border deal; Trump will sign, declare emergency WATCH
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
The Boeing AH6i is a light attack and reconnaissance helicopter built by Chicago-based Boeing. It is a variant of a model used by U.S. Army Special Operations Command.