The Food Network star has been struggling to recover since her double mastectomy in May.
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Celebrity chef Sandra Lee is heading back into surgery.
The 49-year-old Food Network star has been struggling to recover since her double mastectomy in May following a breast cancer diagnosis.
Lee says in a Facebook post Monday that she and her boyfriend, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, have decided she’ll have additional surgery Tuesday.
She says she tried modern medicine and Eastern and holistic treatments “but infection is an incredible monster.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Marcus Lamb, head of Daystar, a Christian network that discouraged vaccines, dies after getting COVID-19
- Justices signal they'll OK new abortion limits, may toss Roe
- Omicron prompts swift reconsideration of boosters among scientists
- Trump tested positive for coronavirus before first debate
- Mask making your glasses fog up in winter? These tips can help you see clearly
The “Semi-Homemade Cooking” star says tennis is her favorite sport and “it’s time for a mean backhand.”
Lee was rushed to the hospital Aug. 5 but went home over the weekend. A representative says she was placed on “heavy antibiotics.”
Lee also is a cookbook author and magazine publisher. She and Cuomo share a home in Westchester County.