The Food Network star has been struggling to recover since her double mastectomy in May.
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Celebrity chef Sandra Lee is heading back into surgery.
The 49-year-old Food Network star has been struggling to recover since her double mastectomy in May following a breast cancer diagnosis.
Lee says in a Facebook post Monday that she and her boyfriend, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, have decided she’ll have additional surgery Tuesday.
She says she tried modern medicine and Eastern and holistic treatments “but infection is an incredible monster.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Seattle scientist digs up deleted coronavirus genetic data, adding fuel to the covid origin debate
- Washington state extremist pays a price after unmasking by left
- Pressure builds to lift travel restrictions on U.S.-Canada border
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- More than 1 million nonbinary adults live in the U.S., a pioneering study finds
The “Semi-Homemade Cooking” star says tennis is her favorite sport and “it’s time for a mean backhand.”
Lee was rushed to the hospital Aug. 5 but went home over the weekend. A representative says she was placed on “heavy antibiotics.”
Lee also is a cookbook author and magazine publisher. She and Cuomo share a home in Westchester County.