The Food Network star has been struggling to recover since her double mastectomy in May.
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Celebrity chef Sandra Lee is heading back into surgery.
The 49-year-old Food Network star has been struggling to recover since her double mastectomy in May following a breast cancer diagnosis.
Lee says in a Facebook post Monday that she and her boyfriend, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, have decided she’ll have additional surgery Tuesday.
She says she tried modern medicine and Eastern and holistic treatments “but infection is an incredible monster.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Luxury cars, MAGA flags and Facebook invites: How an unknown Idaho family organized the Portland rally that turned deadly
- 2 Louisville officers shot amid Breonna Taylor protests VIEW
- Despite Trump attacks, both parties vow orderly election WATCH
- Massive genetic study shows coronavirus mutating and potentially evolving amid rapid U.S. spread
- How to create a pandemic pod for safe social interaction
The “Semi-Homemade Cooking” star says tennis is her favorite sport and “it’s time for a mean backhand.”
Lee was rushed to the hospital Aug. 5 but went home over the weekend. A representative says she was placed on “heavy antibiotics.”
Lee also is a cookbook author and magazine publisher. She and Cuomo share a home in Westchester County.