SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A San Francisco man has been sentenced to 27 years in prison for severely burning his girlfriend during a dispute at a coin laundry.
The San Francisco Chronicle reported Thursday that 27-year-old Dexter Oliver was sentenced to state prison for the Jan. 6, 2013 attack. The 30-year-old victim told Oliver that he turned her world upside down and made her children afraid of her because of her injuries.
Prosecutors say Oliver filled two baby bottles with gas and squirted them on the victim’s face and body before igniting her with a lighter. Police found her in the street with life-threatening injuries to her face and upper body.
San Francisco Police Inspector John Keane says the incident is the worst case of domestic violence he’s investigated in 25 years.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- Americans, Canadians are warned not to eat romaine lettuce VIEW
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie